- Employer must have written documentation of the preexisting condition prior to the work-related injury.
- The preexisting condition does not have to be work-related and does not have to include the same body part as the work-related injury.
- The SIF Form can be found here: https://f.hubspotusercontent30.net/hubfs/4829685/SIF%20
- The SIF form can only be completed at the time of hire.
- If an employer becomes aware of an employee sustaining an injury or illness outside of work, a doctor’s note or a handwritten note by either the employee or the employer will suffice as written knowledge. It must be descriptive, dated, and in the employee’s medical file prior to the work-related injury.
- NHADA WCT must put the Fund on notice within 100 weeks of the work-related injury.
- Indemnity and medical expenses must exceed $10,000.00
- The preexisting condition must be permanent and serious enough to cause a hindrance to employment opportunities.
- The employers written documentation of the preexisting condition must predate the work-related injury.
- The combination of the preexisting condition and the work-related injury must result in a more significant disability than the work-related injury alone.
- NHADA WCT must submit the claims to the DOL for approval by Sept. 1.
OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF THE NEW HAMPSHIRE AUTOMOBILE DEALERS ASSOCIATION