When your Harvard Pilgrim plan has LP (low-cost provider) benefits, you can pay lower out-of-pocket costs for advanced radiology (e.g., MRI, CT/CAT and PET scans), lab and outpatient surgery services when you receive them from select low-cost providers.
Note: HMO plans require a referral from your primary care provider or specialist. See the Schedule of Benefits for details.
To find out where you can save money, visit harvardpilgrim.org.
- Click on “Find a Provider” and choose the directory for your plan under “LP (Low-Cost Provider) Plans.”
- Under “Search by Provider Type,” Select “Other Care Providers.”
For advanced radiology providers
- On the next screen, under “Specialty,” choose “Computerized Axial Tomography (CAT),” “MRI,” or “Positron Emission Tomography (PET).”
For labs and ambulatory surgery centers
- On the next screen, under “Specialty,” choose either “General Laboratory” or “Ambulatory Surgical Center.”
- Look for facilities with an “LP (Low-Cost Provider)” designation.
When you use select low-cost providers:
- The deductible will not apply.
- You’ll pay a copayment or coinsurance for MRI, CT and PET scans.
- There is no charge for covered lab tests, excluding genetic testing.
- You’ll pay a copayment for outpatient surgery.